Barwon community projects – 23 funded!
I recently had the pleasure of reviewing the Community Building Partnership program applications for 2021.
Through some hard work, sound maths skills and negotiation I was able to recommend funding for 23 different projects.
This year, $400,000 will be split across the projects in 17 towns across Barwon, from park fencing to Recreation Hall upgrades, to accessibility projects and new digital scoreboard – I’ve tried to get a good spread with something for almost everyone.
Some projects are getting a kick-start with fundraising; others have been funded in full - which is great news for these community groups. With over $2 million requested unfortunately not every project received funding – but be assured my team is working to provide assistance to all that missed out on this round of funding.
Community Building Partnership Program grant recipients 2021
- Walgett Shire Council – Carinda Park fencing program – $10,615
- Narrabri Shire Council – Increase Accessibility at the Narrabri Region Visitor Information Centre – $5,000
- Moonbi Recreation Hall – Moonbi Recreation Reserve Hall Revitalisation Project – $54,000
- Yawarra Aboriginal Corporation – Yawarra Centre Repair/Refurbish Project - Looking to The Future – $30,000
- Narrabri Shire Council – Increase Accessibility to the Crossing Theatre – $10,000
- Dunedoo Men's Shed Inc. – Electrical Upgrade for Dunedoo Men's Shed – $5,000
- Gulargambone Campdraft Club Inc. – Gulargambone Sporting Clubhouse – $17,600
- Baradine & District Progress Association – Purchase Reverse Cycle Air Conditioner System for Baradine Memorial Hall – $16,000
- Warren Shire Council – Purchase electronic scoreboard for the Warren Sporting and Cultural Centre – $5,000
- Sporting Shooters Association of Australia (NSW) Inc. – Coonabarabran: Upgrade Amenities and Facilities and Provide Improved Disabled Access – $7,000
- Wee Waa Community Care Service Inc. – Improved Wheelchair Accessible Transport for Narrabri Shire – $18,000
- Camp Cypress Ltd – Internal upgrade to Camp Cypress conference room and catering kitchen – $13,000
- Sporting Shooters Association of Australia (NSW) Inc. – Broken Hill: Provision of Shipping Container for Secure Storage – $5,300
- Warren Shire Council – Lockers and seating at Warren War Memorial Pool – $9,702
- Broken Hill Branch of The Australian Stock Horse Society Inc. – Little Topar Water Storage – $6,700
- Police Citizens Youth Clubs NSW Ltd – Broken Hill bathroom refurbishment – $10,000
- Coolabah United Citizens Inc. – Break Time – $20,000
- Warren Youth Support Group Inc. – Road Trips with Warren Youth – $40,000
- Grawin Glengarry Sheepyard Opal Fields Men’s Shed Inc. – Storage and water conservation – $20,296
- Coonamble Local Aboriginal Land Council – Community Garden Equipment – $7,000
- Landcare Broken Hill Inc. – Seed Bank Fit-out, Landcare Hub Project, Broken Hill – $54,026
- Ivanhoe Racecourse Reserve – New Kitchen – $20,000
- Coonamble Public School P&C Association – Installation of Water Stations for Coonamble Public School and Preschool – $13,200